Saturday, April 12, 2008

THE BAHAMAS

So we are back in the good ole US of A. Our cruise was sort of lame, but our day in the Bahamas was great! Our ship was a small ship built in the fifties and never updated since. One man we met said "atleast you can say you cruised on a vintage ship." We were less optomistic. We also discovered cruising is not for us. We missed dinner and all the activities the first night due to some serious sea sickness! None the less, we enjoyed ourselves.

We started our day in the Bahamas with a boat ride out to a reef where we snorkeled. Those pictures were all taken with an underwater camera so we have to get them developed before I can post them. The water in Nassau is so much more clear than the water in Florida.

This is at Cable Beach where we spent part of the day.

We enjoyed a game of ginormous checkers!

This is me as a Bahamian princess or something. I'm not really sure what it was.

So that is it from us here on location. We are so ready to come home and I miss Bostyn more than I can stand. I find myself tearing up everytime we see a little baby girl!

3 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Welcome home. The water is gorgeous! Wish I could be at that beach.

Sarah said...

How fun! Sounds like you guys had a good time. It is good going on vacation, but it is also nice coming home.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Lyndsay!!! Hi there! This is Lindsey... formerly Anderson. Hopefully you remember me. I'm new to the blogging world, and I was just clicking around on people's blogs and I went to school with the Barnes girls and I saw Kari's blog and thought that Skylar looked familiar and then I saw the last name and I was like, holy crap I think that's Lyndsay's brother and then I found you on here. So, at any rate, I just wanted to say hi and see how life is. I didn't know how to actually contact you other than a super long comment, so here it is. Anyway... that's all. Looks like you are doing great. :)