
(Yes, that is our car reading a cozy 3 degrees on our drive home.)
Derek, Bostyn and I made the trek to Utah to spend Christmas with my parents. We were initially worried about driving in all the expected storms, but luckily we dodged them all. We had a very nice, relaxing holiday. We spent most of our time indoors since the daily highs hovered between the low teens and low 20's- not exactly what we are used to! It snowed another 4.5 inches on Christmas night. It was funny to see our car covered in it and everything looked so pretty blanketed in white. We, of course, spent way too much time eating! It's just so much more enjoyable when someone else does all the cooking! Thanks Mom and Dad!
This is Bostyn's "Christmas excitement face".

Bostyn decided it was her job to help her Papa pass out all the gifts.

These were Bostyn's favorite gift- princess dress up shoes from Nanny Stock

Bostyn admiring the craftsmanship of her Fairy quilt from Grandma Winters.

Marlee, Beau, and I made a very handsome snowman in the backyard-complete with wood chip eyes, a carrot nose, sidewalk chalk mouth, an old ratty towel for a scarf, igloo cooler lid hat and golf club arms. Yes we are creative!
Bostyn wasn't sure about all the cold white stuff.

Nanny and Bostyn

We missed seeing Derek's family but managed to have a great time. We hope everyone had a terrific Christmas!
8 comments:
how fun! I didn't know you were going there for Christmas. We need to get together again.
It's so beautiful there! I'm glad to hear you guys didn't have to drive thru any storms. Awesome snowman!
Yes, we missed you like crazy. Atleast, it was to go visit your super adorable Mom!
We need to get together...missing you guys!
Yay so glad you guys had a good christmas. It totally rained here so we stayed inside too of course. The snow looks so pretty though.
Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure they loved having you visit for Christmas. I love the snowman! Ashley keeps asking if she can go to Utah right now to see Aunt Cheryl and the horses. I've tried to explain that it takes a while to get there but her little 3yr old mind just can't wrap around that.
bostyn is too cute. alexis has those princess shoes and she loves them. merry christmas and happy new year.
How fun. I love the snow. Bostyn looks so cute. Her head looks all better.
Post a Comment