Thursday, November 12, 2009

A is for Achievement

Bostyn is officially potty trained! I have been enjoying having to change only one child's diapers for a week and a half now. It was so easy! After the first 3 nights, she started sleeping in panties and hasn't had an accident yet! I was dreading the whole thing but she must have really been ready-or maybe I am just awesome at potty training... Bostyn loves wearing her princess and puppy undies. One interesting fact that she will someday hate me for sharing: She has to run to the potty every single time she needs to "toot"! So funny. Maybe this is a normal part of potty training??? I think it is because she can't tell the difference between the feeling of having to go number 2 and gas. I don't know, this is all new to me.

Cannon has been over achieving lately. This little man is 8 months old and can already stand up from a sitting position without holding onto anything! He just stands up while sitting in the middle of the floor. He also started taking steps! He certainly isn't "walking" yet but he can take 3-5 steps at a time all by himself.

It is so interesting to me how every child does things so differently. I love that I get to watch my kids grow and learn new things everyday. I fill Derek in every night on all the little moments I have with the kids. He always just sighs and says, "I miss everything." I'm so lucky that I don't have to miss anything.







Lastly, enjoy this little clip. {more fun with sound}

Note to self: Cannon does not like "Sweet Potatoes and Turkey Dinner" baby food.


6 comments:

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Ha Ha ha!!! Ok, the old black and white movie was genius!!! I loved it! (Not necessarily the idea of knowing someday the kids I will have will do these things), but hysterical nontheless!! Congrats on the potty training! Whoo Hoo! Glad to hear a story where it was easy! Gives me hope that having kids is not that bad... ha ha! Enjoyed this post Lyndsay!

Heather said...

Way to go bostyn! that is so awesome that she is all potty trained. cannon is cute as ever i just want to eat him he is so cute.

Brenda said...

You are LUCKY! You have such cute kids! The video is a hoot! I had to have everyone come in and watch...too funny! Congrats on the potty training! Loved seeing you and your fun family at the baby shower! Love ya!

Stock Family said...

Love the video! LOL! He's going to love that when he's older!

Browns said...

I cant belive she is already potty trained! I think she is actually three,I am right, you are wrong I know her real age. there.end of discusion. Maybe both of your kids are just over achievers.I cant believe Cannon is trying to walk! they are both so cute!

d.jo said...

Mitch totally feels the same way when I call to tell him the cutest thing that happened without him there. The poor guys. It really is fun to stay home & have "lazy days" with the kids...okay it's a lot of work, too, but you know what I mean. It's like a good movie just to watch them.