Saturday, October 31, 2009

Now on to the Good Stuff!

I love Fall, but could definitely live without Halloween. I don't like the scary movies on TV, or the evil, bloody, creepy anything that comes with the so called holiday. I am all for dressing the kids up and trick-or-treating, and passing candy out to the neighborhood. Except for the pre-teen kids that come rolling up to my door on skateboards dressed as pre-teen kids on skateboards. I think it should be mandatory to dress up if you are trick-or treating. Maybe someday I will become more partial to the whole ordeal, maybe. For now, it's just something I look forward to being over so I can start decorating for the holidays I love, the ones that make me feel warm and nostalgic, the holidays that actually mean something.

This year Bostyn was originally a ballerina. I never got around to making her tutu so she dressed as a somewhat boring ballerina for the Winters' Halloween party and wore her bumble bee costume to trick-or-treat. She loved dressing up in both outfits. Cannon was a lion at the party and hated it so we didn't make him wear anything while we took Bostyn out to collect her sweet and sticky loot. We were lucky enough to have a golf car to use Halloween night. It sure made it much easier not having to get Bostyn in and out of a stroller...I need a wagon. Bostyn LOVED getting her basket filled with candy. She only said "trick-or-treat" a couple times, but was very good about saying "thank you". I don't usually let her eat very much candy so we are going to use all the candy she got as rewards for potty training. I am starting tomorrow- wish me luck! Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!




Halloween "day outfit"


Ballerina.
She was so excited to wear real blush on her cheeks instead of just pretending.


Cannon obviously shares my enthusiasm for Halloween ;)



Playing with his Halloween balloon from Nanny.


6 comments:

Chad and Ashlie said...

Boston is looking so different and is getting more hair. they look super cute!

Stock Family said...

So cute!! Bostyn could have borrowed Daisy's tutu but she looked perfectly happy in her bee costume! Poor Cannon! LOL!

The Varo's said...

the pictures are so so cute! i love the ballerina costume and that picture of cannon in the lion suit is classic!

Jenna said...

I told you Bostyn could wear Londyn's tutu, it would have fit her perfect! She still looked cute, and can man! I agree, I hate all the blood and gore of Halloween but love dressing up the kiddos and having a fun time with friends and family.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

cute cute! I especially love the picture with the two of them together! Even though Cannon isn't too happy, that picture is great!

brady lady said...

what a cute lil' bee!