
I have been in "healthier food intake" mode lately. It began by accident and stuck. All we eat at my house are fruits, veggies, whole wheat bread, real cheese, healthy cereal, etc. I should be skinny by now...Oh wait, exercise...well it's a start!
My kids don't know what fast food is or that stores sell cookies and crackers and sugar cereals.
Bostyn isn't a picky eater anymore and sleeps way better at night. Her night terrors are almost non-existent. I have no idea if cutting sugar out of her diet is the reason, but it's the only thing I have changed. It's pretty great.
I feel better at the end of the day knowing that I filled my kids with real, natural food and not crappy crap.
I am the only one who's going to teach them good eating habits-now is the time.
That whole "Word of Wisdom" thing might be the right idea. :)
My kids won't be eating a Happy Meal while I'm around.
8 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this Lyndsay. I think I try pretty hard to make healthy choices as far as what I let my kids eat. Lainey rarely has candy or cookies or anything. I do give in every once and a while, but you have motivated me to do even better. And as far as fast food goes... I'm never getting her a happy meal again. Sick!
Good job, Lynds! I remember you talking about how you wanted to start eating healthier with the fam! I would love to hear what your cooking for dinner - I need some healthy recipes!
Keep it up, Girl!:)
I guess I'm lucky that londyn won't eat McDonald's happy meals! Ha the only fast food kids meal I get her is from chick fil-a and that's with a fruit cup and juice box. Kind of decent? Since their chicken is actually real chicken. Anywho, I thought this was very interesting! Thanks for posting.
And by the way- oh my goodness looove your preschool room. You're freakin awesome, I've been meaning to ask how its going but I can see its great. Go you!
That article on the HM is beyond disgusting.
I am not ready to view to nastiness of your mcd's info. I'm sure it's down right awful.
I'm glad you posted this! Those things are SICK! I have been trying SO hard to not give my kids junk the last few months and guess what?! Slade LOVES broccoli! He never would eat it before. I am happy that you made the decision to eat healthier. Having a garden also helps :) Love you Lynds! Way to go!
You rock Linds. I don't think that I want to read the link. Isn't it awesome how eating healthy makes you feel good?
It makes you feel better to eat as healthy as possible. Whenever I'm trying to lose weight & cut back on unhealthy things I have to take a hard look at our habits--if I won't eat it, why am I letting my kids eat it? I want them to get healthy habits, too. It's a constant battle....
Post a Comment