Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Still Here

I am 4 months behind on the blogging...

I decided that I either don't have time to blog regularly or don't care too. I am going to commit to post (at least) once a month. I can do that. They might be long, boring, short, awesome. Who knows. I just don't want to give up on it and this plan might help me stay motivated. Here is a re-cap of the months I missed...

November 2010:

My entire family made the trek to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with our parents. Sixteen of us in one house for 4 days. I was expecting drama...it never came! It was such a fun time for everyone. There was just a lot of snow, food, shopping, and laughing. I even had my very first, and probably last, Black Friday shopping experience. Too much anxiety for me.

I took a ton of great pictures with my mom's camera then forgot to transfer them. So for now, all I have are a few cell phone pictures from the trip...



The classic bum- slide down the stairs- Cannon & Maylee



Daisy & Bostyn

Cowboy Cannon


"I'm Buzz!" Such a funny kid.



The drive home.



December 2010:

The month started with the one year anniversary of Skylar's passing, (December 7th). The Tempe Fire Department had a fancy plaque made and attached to a large boulder. We all drove up to Skylar's campsite to see it placed where his tent was beneath "the tree". I was so nervous to go to that place. For months after he died, all I ever saw when I closed my eyes was that tree falling on him in the freezing cold snow storm. On this anniversary day, the weather was so beautiful. It was sunny and cool, spring-like. No sign of snow anywhere. It turned out to be such a peaceful place. Things like this really do get better with time, but the sadness never really goes away. I can go days, even weeks without crying about it. Then there will be times where every little thing reminds me of Skylar and I will cry multiple times a day for weeks. I have never felt angry though. I am so grateful that he was taken by an act of nature rather than man. There has never been anyone to blame. There has never been anything to argue.








Christmas was so fun this year! My kids are both at really fun ages. Bostyn understood that we were celebrating Jesus Christ's birthday. Cannon was so excited and content with his first gift that he kept saying "no" when we tried to get him to open more. We had our little Christmas at home when the kids woke up. Then, we went to Derek's parent's house for breakfast and more gifts. We spent the whole day there enjoying time with family.

Christmas Eve


Santa Came!




January 2011:

Started off with me driving myself to urgent care on New Year's Day. I could not get my temperature below 103 degrees and was in more pain then I could stand. Derek took the kids to hang out at his mom's house so I could rest. If I was in a better state of mind I would have called him and had him drive me, but I was delirious. So I drove myself there in Pj's and slippers, greasy hair and 2 day old mascara raccoon eyes. As I sat in the waiting room, I kept wishing I was in labor. That sounded so much more appealing than what I was feeling. I really thought I might be dying. Turned out to be a horrendous case of Strep throat and a killer sinus infection. I had to cancel a week of preschool and daycare. The good news is that by some miracle, Derek and the kids never got it.

Bostyn is now in Primary. She does so good. The first couple of weeks she was unaware that you are supposed to act different in Primary. Gone are the days of being encouraged to play and socialize during church. Lucky for Bostyn (or not) I sit 3 rows behind her and have no problem marching myself over to remind her what it means to be reverent. Other than the fact that she spends most of her time in "Lala Land", she is doing great. She even received her very first Book of Mormon from her friend Marlee.





A February Post will be here soon :)

4 comments:

Melanie and Jarom said...

that pic of you and your sister-in-law is so beautiful and I love Cannon the cowboy! Bostyn was really cute in primary today- her whole class left and she was still sitting there smiling! She reminds me so much of Lydi!

Cori White said...

yeah.. im glad you are back.. ive missed you...
I cant believe bostyn is in primary.. shes a doll.. and cannon is too.. we love him in our nursery..

Cadi said...

yea! you're blogging!

I loved how you said that you were never angry over Skylar's death and how you were glad it was nature and not man- so poignant. You're a beautiful girl Lyndsay Winters.

I also loved the Cannon Buzz pic- hysterical.

I also loved Bosty's cute face with that Book of Mormon.

I also loved that you miss cowgirl drove yourself to urgent care- classic.

I also love you to death.
[i'm sure all my love is making you cringe,which makes me laugh]

brady lady said...

bostyn is so cute with her book of mormon. you are not the only one behind on posting seem like i have a lot to post but never any time, you know what i mean?!