Cannon Boy is 6 months old! Time really is going much quicker with him. He is such a good baby. He is making a lot more noises including a really annoying scream he lets out when he wants my attention. He is a total mama's boy and Derek hates it. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I have nursed him from birth so he knows I've got the goods!
At Cannon's well check visit he weighed 15 lbs. 2 oz. (11th%), his head measured 17 in. (35th%), and he was 26in. long (35%). The doctor was concerned that he dropped percentage again. I started supplementing each feeding with formula and will soon have him only on formula and solid food. I am so not excited about bottle feeding. It has become the most inconvenient thing in my life. I hate measuring water and measuring formula and heating the bottles and making sure to pack all of it when I leave the house. Ugh. I miss the days when I could just grab my baby and a couple of diapers and we were good to go. Oh well. Maybe he will finally stop waking up to eat three times a night!
Cannon is right on track with all of his developments. He sits up by himself and plays with his toys. He can move himself all over the floor by scooting on his tummy-mostly chasing a ball or some other toy. I am pretty sure he will be crawling very soon. He picks up and plays with toys and holds his own bottle to eat. He eats rice cereal like a champ. He also laughs hysterically when Bostyn jumps up and down for him. He is so happy and so much fun.
In other news, my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said DIAPERS! Having 2 kids in diapers is not only exhausting ( I seriously feel like I change diapers all day), but can be rather expensive. I am a simple girl. If the bills are paid and my house is clean, I am a happy lady! So naturally, that was my birthday wish. My mother came through with flying colors. This is what 6oo diapers looks like. She even threw in a few packages of wipes for good measure. Thanks mom! (In case anyone was wondering, I go though almost 200 diapers a month- my heart goes out to all mothers of multiples.)
STAY TUNED FOR THE EPIC DRAMA, "BINKY GOES BYE-BYE"!
12 comments:
cannon is growing so fast! he is so cute. i love the picture in the lazy boy he looks like a little man too cute. hope it gets easier with the binkie and bostyn.
Wow I hope that I can get that same gift for my birthday this year. You are so smart. I am soon to be going through that same drama. Maybe a year from now I will be taking Londyn's binkies and snipping them all :(. I am the same as you, as long as the bills are paid and house is clean and I still have energy, I am a HAPPY LADY. You are doing a great job, what an awesome mom you are!
♥jenna
What a cute boy! He looks like he's about to do a somersault in one pic! That's strange- he doesn't look too small but maybe that's because my baby is pretty puney. It's the best seeing siblings laugh and play together huh! Love it!
I think he looks just like you! how fun changing diapers all day. anyway we need to get together.
Bostyn looks like a mini you in that picture!! - I'm sure you've heard it before but holy cow! SO cute!
What a great birthday gift! I can't believe you go through that many diapers in a month! Guess I should start stocking up now?
I absolutely love your mom for getting those diapers! What a life saver! I'm jealous Cannon is sitting up by himself. Maylee keeps trying and trying but just can't. Although, she is starting to crawl, so we shall see.
Oh boy. I can't wait to hear about the binky. Too bad I can't cut off my kids' thumbs... :) You are such a wonderful mom and you have gorgeous kids and a loving husband. You better be a happy lady! We still need to get together for your b-day.
I totally know what you mean about the diapers!! Plus my boys are thee most regular boys i know of. They were using about 5-7 diapers each in one day, and I didn't change it when it was just wet. I was going crazy. They have gotten a lot better now but man... That was a great gift. I think I might have to ask for that for my birthday this year sees how we're gonna have 3 in diapers pretty soon. Hopefully I can get at least one boy potty trained before January.
diapers.. great idea. i love them too.. is that the kroger brand? its the best ive found for a nonbrand diaper.. im checking back in for the binky story
Happy b-day! And way cute kids! He is getting so big! so fast!
I love all the diapers on the counter. : ) I'm waiting impatiently for the next headline of "Binky Goes Bye-Bye". : ) Hope it works out!
i hate buying and changing diapers, not sure what's worse!
Post a Comment