Barack Obama will be the President of our country. Although "my guy" did not win, I am able to recognize the historical significance of this election. I am pleased that our country has finally proven that they have some sense of equality. I do, however, wish that it were a different black man or even that this black man had a few different morals, standards, views, opinions, ideals, etc. I feel like people may have voted for Obama just to prove the equality point, rather than voting for a President that truly represents a positive, moral leader that has the best intentions for this country. Time will tell the true integrity of our new president.
As for the good news, Proposition 102 passed! What a great thing to know that marriage is now properly defined in our state constitution. People will no longer be able to distort the definition to mold to their "alternative lifestyles". I do find it interesting how so many people are outraged by plural marriage while even more people are FOR same-sex marriage. I am ofcourse opposed to both, but it just baffles my mind.
So today is a new day and tomorrow is yet another. I'm ready for it.
8 comments:
I'm with ya on all that. Only time will tell. I am also pleased 102 passed. Just imagine if it didn't! Ahh!
Oooooh...loved your post. Good points on the whole poygamy and same-sex marriage thing!
i'm just glad the election is finally over, hurray!
I completely agree with you!
Yeah for prop 102 and prop 8 passing! And it is amazing that just decades after segregation, an African-American has become President. That is a wonderful feat for this country. He wasn't "my guy" either, but I hope that he will serve the country well.
I don't think you could have said it better. YAY for 102 passing as well as similar propositions in Florida and California! As for the president- I don't think either candidates were really "my guy"- Cody and I were hoping for "Monson '08!"... Maybe next time...
Helloooo Lyndsay....this is Sis. Nevitt. What a cute baby you have! Love your fun blog...good to see what's happening in your world. We miss you....come visit when your in our neck of the woods.
Love Ya
yeah so the other day devon and i went on a special shopping spree especially for my hospital night gowns! i got awesome ones that zip and button down the middle so yay for that! and i know for a fact that my pre-prego clothes will not be fitting me for a while so yikes i will have to see what ive got to wear!!! thanks for the input keep it comin!
Post a Comment