Friday, November 12, 2010

Just What I Needed

Nov. 11: Soup and Homemade Bread

I didn't feel so hot all day. At one point, I was wrapped up in a blanket cocoon for nearly 3 straight hours. Lucky for me, yesterday was a holiday and I didn't have preschool or daycare. My kids were forced to tear open a box of cereal that was left on the counter from breakfast when they got hungry. That box of cereal is now all over my carpet. At the last minute I pulled myself together and went to our ward enrichment night for crafts, soup and homemade french bread. That minestrone and bread really it the spot. I swear it has healing powers. I'm so glad I dragged myself there. I am thankful for soup and homemade bread.

6 comments:

Lori and Trevor said...

I am so glad you came!! that was such good food. and your last post totally made me tear up! I bet things like that are the hardest.

Mariley Johnson said...

Sorry you're feeling under the weather. Yummm...soup...bread...

I'm coming home in a month. Want to hang out?

Cori White said...

it was wonderful... i think everyone isnt feeling 100%...
its going around forsure.. get well soon!! that bread was delish

brady lady said...

yum

Sarah said...

Looks yummy! I love reading what everyone is thankful for!

Stock Family said...

Hope you are feeling better!