Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Dessert

Nov. 10: Memories


I opened up a box of Nilla Wafers today. On the side panel, I noticed their recipe for banana pudding with Nilla Wafers. Skylar made that very pudding every year for our family feast on Thanksgiving. It's always the most popular dessert, even above all the pies. If you've never tried it, do! I don't know if someone will take over making the banana pudding or not, but we will miss him more than the dessert. It makes me happy that a box of cookies can remind me of my brother. I am grateful for memories.


5 comments:

Erin Phelps said...

Thanks for the tears! I was just talking to Beau about this very thing this afternoon, trying to get him to start making it!

Stock Family said...

Ahh! My heart skipped a beat! He took this tradition very serious too! Good idea with trying to get Beau to do it. That would be nice :) Thanks for the memory Lyndsay. I love that picture of him and Daisy.

Cadi said...

Such a warming post. It's the little things...

brady lady said...

aaww, you put tears in my eyes.

on another note, your brother was so cute!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I love this!